Northlake is located 17 miles west of DFW International Airport and 3 miles north of Alliance Airport between the cities of Fort Worth and Denton along IH 35W.
- Population: 2,150
- Build-out Population: 55,000
- Retail Trade Area Pop.: 42,987
- Avg. Household Income: $82,289
- New Home Prices: Mid $200's-$500's
- Low Tax Rate: $0.295 property tax rate
- Quality Schools: Served by Northwest and Argyle ISD's with excellent schools including the new NISD Byron Nelson H.S. and the 5-time Lone Star Cup winning Argyle H.S.
- Trails and Open Space: Miles of trails planned within parks and open spaces to cover more than 20% of the town's land area.
- Growth: Population more than doubled over the past 10 years and projected to increase seven times over the next decade.
Northlake’s wide open spaces and prime location in the direct path of growth offer abundant opportunities. At the center of a retail trade area with a population projected to grow to more than 50,000 within five years and excellent highway access and close proximity to both DFW and Alliance Airports, Northlake is positioned well to take advantage of development opportunities. Northlake is committed to attracting new businesses and quality development, completing several planning projects, updated development ordinances and introducing new incentive programs - including the Pioneer Grant Program to attract restaurants and retail businesses.
Northlake has become a boomtown due to its prime location and low tax rate attracting new residents to its wide variety of living environments from luxury apartments to multi-acre ranches and estate homes. In fact the Dallas Business Journal named Northlake as the fastest growing city in North Texas for its 16.59 percent growth rate between 2010 and 2011. In order to keep up with the growth, two of the region's largest master-planned developments, Harvest and Canyon Falls, are now under development in Northlake. Spanning more than 2,400 acres, these two developments will add as many as 5,000 homes to the market over the next decade.
The Town's vision as outlined in its comprehensive plan is to benefit from both its prime location and tremendous growth potential to build a prosperous economy while preserving the rural character that Northlake's founders sought to preserve and so many find appealing. Northlake's leaders continue to build on that vision to create a thriving community with a healthy environment for both residents and commercial enterprises.
In order to serve the growing population of Northlake and the surrounding area, Premier Academy chose Northlake for its newest daycare location. The Northlake Premier Academy is under construction and expected to open in Spring 2015.