Northlake’s wide open spaces and prime location in the direct path of growth offer abundant opportunities. Northlake has been preparing to take advantage of these opportunities by initiating several planning projects and updating development ordinances to best position the Town for growth and encourage quality development.
Northlake’s vision as outlined in its Comprehensive Plan is to benefit from this prime location and growth potential to build a prosperous economy while preserving the rural character Northlake’s founders sought to preserve so that Northlake continues to be a livable community with a healthy environment.
- Northlake offers great access with multiple freeways and highways (IH 35W, SH 114, FM 407, FM 1171, FM 156) and a close proximity to DFW and Alliance Airports
- Northlake is just minutes away from the downtowns of Denton, Fort Worth, and Dallas
- Northlake is next door to the major employment centers of the Alliance and 114 West Corridors
- Northlake is adjacent to the largest sports venue in Texas, the Texas Motor Speedway
- Northlake offers a range of living opportunities from RV’s and luxury apartment homes to homes on 1-acre sites and estate homes on multi-acre ranches
- Northlake is at the center of a retail trade area with a population of 147,243 which is projected to grow to nearly 200,000 by 2015
- Northlake is growing fast and was ranked the fastest growing city in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal with a 16.59% growth rate between 2010 and 2011.
- Northlake’s busiest intersection (IH 35W & SH 114) has traffic counts in excess of 90,000 vehicles per day
- Northlake’s average household income is nearly $90,000 and projected to surpass $95,000 by 2015
- Northlake’s combined property tax rate is among the lowest in the region
- Northlake has hundreds of acres of prime development property available
- Northlake has approved plans for two major mixed-use, master planned developments, Belmont and Canyon Falls, with initial phases of both developments expected to begin in 2012 and construction of the first homes to follow in 2013
- Northlake is pro business and offers a variety of incentives for new businesses from custom incentive packages to the new Pioneer Grant Program to encourage new retail businesses to locate in Northlake
Learn more about Northlake’s vision and available opportunities by visiting www.town.northlake.tx.us.