Westlake is located primarily in Northeast Tarrant County, approximately 12 miles west of the DFW International Airport and only seven miles east of Fort Worth's Alliance Airport along State Highway 114.
- Population: 1014
- Median Household Income: $250,000+
- Average Home Price: $1.6 Million
- Education: 63% of residents hold a Bachelor's degree or higher
- Quality Schools: Westlake Academy has been nationally ranked in US best high school lists since 2011 in US News & World Report, Newsweek, and/or Washington Post, while consistently earning exemplary ratings by Texas Education Agency.
- Master Planned Neighborhoods: This small town has become well-known for its exquisite natural beauty and highly sought-after residential neighborhoods such as Vaquero, Glenwyck Farms, Terra Bella, and under-construction Granada.
- Well Recognized: Named one of Forbes most affluent communities, Westlake is home to not only celebrities, professional athletes, and distinguished corporate leaders, but also several Fortune 500 companies with beautiful corporate campus headquarters such as Fidelity Investments, Deloitte University, TD Auto, and the Solana Business Campus with an extraordinary Marriott Solana Hotel.
Westlake is a one-of-a-kind community- an oasis with rolling hills, and grazing longhorns, located in the heart of the Fort Worth-Dallas metropolitan area. Inviting neighbors and architecturally vibrant corporate campuses find harmony among our meandering roads and trails, lined with native oaks and stone walls. A tree City USA town since 2000, it is this pastoral ambiance that makes Westlake such a desirable place to live and work.
A strong comprehensive plan and supporting ordinances have allowed Westlake to maintain a strong rural character, while at the same time accommodating office/retail campuses that house more than 12,000 global corporate employees. Their high level of development standards earned Westlake a Gold class certification by the Texas Certified Scenic Cities program, one of only four inaugural municipalities in Texas to receive this distinction. An exceptionally dedicated town council and staff serve the Westlake community with high standards of excellence, earning several recent awards: TCMA Town Council of the Year, TEDC Community Economic Development Award, ICMA Community Sustainability Program Excellence Award for communications and citizen engagement efforts, and for the last seven years - the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.
Westlake received the first open enrollment charter ever awarded to a municipality in the state and today, the town owns and operates one of the leading public charter schools in Texas and the United States with an approximate enrollment of 820 students in grades K-12. Westlake Academy is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, opening its doors in 2003 and becoming the fifth public school in the nation to offer all three IB Programs - Primary Years, Middle Years, and the Diploma Programme. The IB curriculum, along with the Academy's small class sizes, and a nurturing campus of innovatively designed stone-clad buildings, clustered around the crown of an oak-filled hill overlooking verdant pastures, combine to create a premier knowledge-based community that is truly unique.